Name: Mark Wolov
Grade(s): 8th and 10th
1) What do you think of the kids in your classes? Do they misbehave or are they generally well-behaved?
Well, they’re mostly well-behaved. Of course teenagers are teenagers but no one throws things at me. The kids in this school take their education seriously.
2) What is the weirdest h.w. excuse you have ever heard?
Hmm….”My brother flushed it down the toilet because there was no toilet paper”.
3) What did you do in school that got you in trouble?
It’s not what I did in school; it’s what I did in front of the school. I was really into cars. I would drag-race in front of the school a lot and get in trouble.
4) Why did you become a teacher?
Three reasons: 1. I love history 2. I like working with kids 3. I needed a job
5) Do you plan to be a teacher for the rest of your life?
I would say yes because I love it but who knows…one thing I’ve learned is that things can change.
6) What is your secret to keeping your class interesting?
I try to tell a lot of jokes but I suspect that I think they’re more interesting than my students do.
7) Did you play any sports when you were in school?
I played football and baseball in junior high school (I wasn’t big enough for football so couldn’t continue). I played baseball in high school for a couple of years but we had a really bad team.
8) Where are you from originally?
I grew up in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
9) What’s your earliest childhood memory?
Pushing my little sister down the stairs. She cried.
10) What’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever done?
One of them would be pushing my little sister down the stairs but there’s too many to count.
11) Have you ever gotten a parking ticket? Ever been in a car accident?
Yes to both. I’ve gotten many parking tickets for speeding. The car accident was not my fault.
12) What’s your favorite season? Why?
Spring. The weather is nice, the trees are green, it’s not too hot, and baseball season has started.
13) What’s your favorite holiday? Why?
Thanksgiving because I get to see most of my family.
14) Do you give your students a lot of homework?
Um, yes but it’s not hard.
15) Are you strict with your students?
I’m not too strict. I believe in personal responsibility.
16) What makes you mad?
When people litter and when people make a mess for other people to clean up. Also, politicians that bash on immigrants. They forget that their families were once immigrants too.
17) What are you most afraid of?
I hate rats. I shiver when I see them on the subway tracks.
18) What’s your favorite movie?
I love comedies. My favorites would be Blazing Saddles and Superbad.
19) What’s your favorite t.v. show?
My favorite right now would be Lost.
20) What’s your favorite cologne?
None. Guys should not use cologne. They should just take showers and use deodorant. Girls don’t like guys with cheap cologne. They know what your trying to hide.
21) How would you describe your fashion style?
Comfortable and casual. I like jeans.
22) What do you love about yourself?
When I’m really interested in something I can talk about it in a way that makes others interested too.
23) What makes you hard to work with?
I don’t like to admit I’m wrong.
24) Would you ever dye your hair completely purple?
If you had asked me this a few years ago I would have said yes but now no. My wife won’t like it.
25) If you were stuck on a deserted island and you could only bring 5 things with you what would you bring?
Well, I guess can’t say a boat so…sunscreen, a good book, a Frisbee, a Swiss army knife, and my wife.