Things to Celebrate About February:
- February 2nd is Groundhog Day, the monumental (not really) day where some Staten Island groundhog, named Staten Island Chuck (I kid you not) will decide whether or not we’re going to have a long winter. Judging from past winters, don’t get your hopes up. It’s going to be cold. And if you’re not into superstitions then curl up with a Netflix rental of Groundhog Day instead to keep the spirit alive.
- STRFKR’s new album “Miracle Mile” is coming out on February 19th. And if you’re not into trippy-acid Indie, then will.i.am’s fourth studio album of #willpower is out on the 1st!
- Use Chinese Lunar New Year on February 10th as an excuse to head to Chinatown to gorge on wonton soup and watch dragon lanterns and fireworks in the heart of the city.
- Gory zombies and Norman Reedus being attractive… What more can you ask for? The remainder of Season 3 for The Walking Dead is returning to AMC February 10th at 9 PM. Choose your weapons.
- Leave it to NYC to have a month long Hot Chocolate Festival. Everyday, delectable warm drink mastermind Maury Rubin will hand out a different kind of hot chocolate everyday. Last year had some great ones like Earl Grey Hot Cocoa, so head to Manhattan’s “City Bakery” to get in on the feel good action.
- Even more zombies and even more attractive guys (ahem– Nicholas Hoult) in the new comedy horror “Warm Bodies,” which comes to theaters on February 1st.
- The big Valentine’s Day, February 14th, spend the day with your teddy bear and your two lovers, Ben and Jerry. Netflix some romantic comedies while you’re at it and if you’re part of the other half of humanity that actually spends time with their love interest, then you’re a loser. Come to the cool side. We have Half Baked ice cream.
- Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show. Although it is held right here in NYC at Pier 92 by the Hudson River, nobody has time for buying tickets when you can fawn over adorable Pomeranians and Shih Tsus right from your TV at home. You can count on Ms.You to be watching as well (more puppy porn).