The Baccrag

The Student News Site of Baccalaureate School for Global Education

The Baccrag

The Baccrag

Favorite Movies of Students

Good movies can be hard to find so to help with that, BSGE students and staff have shared their favorite movies for all the moods that come with the winter season. After all, one of the best activities to do over the winter is to watch movies while cozied up in blankets.

Sarah Laskar, a 7th grader, said that her favorite movie to watch when sitting by the fireplace is Enola Holmes. When asked why she likes the film, she responded by saying that she loved following the mystery. 

However, the thing she loved most was Millie Bobby Brown’s performance as the title character. Sarah is a big fan of Millie Bobby Brown, saying how she loves her, and a big part of this appreciation for the actress is her other performances, especially Eleven from Stranger Things.  According to Sarah, any Stranger Things or Millie fan should get a kick out of this cozy flick.

There were many options about what movie to watch when cozy, like Isabelle Deaza, a 7th grader, when asked instantly replying Legally Blond or Neyla Tosic, a 7th grader, saying Sonic 2 while bursting out laughing.

Sometimes movies are meant to get people in the holiday spirit, so, BSGE staff and students were asked for their favorite holiday movie. A teacher at BSGE, said that while there are many good ones, Home Alone has to be their favorite. Ironically, such a classic movie was outvoted by the students.

Seemed that the Grinch did not just steal Christmas but also students’ hearts. Many students decided The Grinch Who Stole Christmas was the best movie to light up the holiday season.

Another student from the 10th grade said that an underrated movie, The Holiday, is their favorite. They said that it’s their favorite because “it has a cute plot twist,” and it gets them in the holiday mood “because of the cozy English setting.”

Last but not least, students and staff were asked what movie they could watch 100 times when they are stuck at home because of the snow. These movies ranged in genres from tearjerkers to holiday, to even superhero movies. 

A BSGE teacher said “Probably one of the Avengers movies,” but finally concluded Avengers Endgame, the second most-grossing movie domestically.

When asked about a movie she could watch 100 times Isabelle Deaza said The Nightmare Before Christmas while Neyla Tosic said The Grinch. Sarah Laskar said Violet Evergarden stating that it is her favorite anime. She said that while watching she was sad and even ended up crying, but she still loves it a lot. 

Another BSGE student from 10th grade said that there are many movies they would choose but they would have to pick Catching Fire. They say that they could watch it 100 times because they “ learn more about each one of [their] favorite characters on every rewatch.” They also say that “it’s just comforting” to watch and they can’t get sick of that feeling. 

Staying warm will be easy with hot cocoa and these great movies!