The Baccrag

The Student News Site of Baccalaureate School for Global Education

The Baccrag

The Baccrag

Seniors on LFC and LFC

As the soccer season at BSGE ends, the seniors on the boys and girls soccer teams have been interviewed to answer questions about the soccer season. Both the boys and girls soccer teams at BSGE are made up of a lot of students. The boys team with 29 players, and the girls with 20 players. Despite having such a big team the majority of the players are still close together. Seniors have felt this sense of community over the course of their time playing. 

Jesse Blackburn, a senior who has been playing since his sophomore year, says that, “Playing on the soccer team was pretty good and the team was great.” He also said that, “All the players are pretty close even though it’s a big team.” 

In an interview with Nicholas Asca, a senior who has been playing also since he was a sophomore, said that, “Playing on the soccer team was a wonderful experience.” And he had fun bonding with his teammates and helped guide them through the soccer season. The team finished with a record of 8 in 2. They had good sportsmanship overall during the games, and overall a strong team. 

For the girls team in an interview with Demi Kostaridis, a senior, who has been playing since she was a sophomore,  said that “ The team was a lot better and they were a lot closer this year.” The team got all the way to quarterfinals and only lost one game.

Emma Bromley, a senior from BSGE said that playing on the soccer team since she has been a sophomore said that there are many advantages. She explained that “it’s a really good environment, everyone is really friendly and just good friends. It’s not too stressful and everyone was really nice to each other.” She found that the team significantly improved since last year, both from summer practice and improving throughout the season. There is an even distribution of goals scored and commitment. Some of the games were more stressful than others, but the team consistently does their best and works hard, maintaining a strong team dynamic. 

Lastly Annamaria Botas, she has been playing since she was a sophomore and is now a senior at BSGE. She spoke about how LFC was a strong team and always reliable both in and out of games. She said that overall the team did very well throughout the season and communicated during the games. Annamaria was optimistic for future seasons even after she graduates, but was happy with her last season.

The boy’s and girl’s soccer community at BSGE is very close together and both teams have improved significantly since they all first started playing for BSGE.