The Baccrag

The Student News Site of Baccalaureate School for Global Education

The Baccrag

The Baccrag

2022 Spirit Week at BSGE

It was around that time of the year when the BSGE community came together for a week of flashy costumes and entertaining photos: Spirit Week. Throughout the week, students and staff dressed up to represent the theme of a certain day for that week. 

Spirit Week is a great introduction for new students, showcasing how creative and lighthearted the BSGE students and staff can be. 

Some of the students in younger grades had a lot to say about Spirit Week. 

“Spirit week was exciting! A bunch of my friends dressed up and their costumes made me laugh because some were funny. Especially Monster Monday” an anonymous 7th grader commented. 

While most of the BSGE community remained spirited throughout Spirit Week, there were some people who voiced criticisms and confusion about certain days. 

A junior expressed “What is Wild West Wednesday? Do we just show up as cowboys?” 

Throughout the entirety of Spirit Week, the BSGE community, both staff and students, remained lively with their costumes. This year, Spirit Week consisted of Monster Monday, Twin Tuesday, Wild West Wednesday, Tired Thursday, and Famous Friday. 

With Halloween falling on the same day, Monster Monday was a day for any costume. The turnout was successful; a majority of every grade showed up in costume. Some costumes included both Abhijit S. and Adrian M, both juniors who dressed as Batman and a zombie, respectively.  

Twin Tuesday was a day for dressing up as twins, or triplets. Twins were not limited to duos, multiple trios got together to match with their friends, with a few groups of twelve. 

Wild West Wednesday was a day for students and staff to dress up like sheriffs and bandits. Many chose to dress in plaid for this day, but a few people included cowboy hats to go with their outfits to top off their Wild West look.

Tired Thursday was the classic school pajama day. School can be long and grueling, so Tired Thursday gave students a chance to learn comfortably. Many had a good laugh over their peers’ sleepwear.

Last but not least came Famous Friday. Famous Friday brings joy to students dressing as their favorite celebrities. Shoutout to Connor Lucente, a junior, for dressing up as Connor McGregor.

Overall, BSGE’s first Spirit Week of the year had many participants showing off their best looks and happy selves.